New bin service - 7 things you need to know
We’re binning the bags – 7 things you need to know Auckland Council is introducing a rubbish bin rubbish service in the former Manukau City Council area
- The rubbish bin replaces rubbish bags,
- Each household will be supplied with a standard rubbish bin for rubbish (120 litre). This holds enough rubbish for a weekly collection for the majority of Auckland households.
- There will be no changes to current rubbish collection days.
- This service is rates funded and residents will pay no additional charges for the standard 120 litre bin.
- Bins will be delivered in June and July 2017, but won’t be used until the new service starts in September 2017.
- Collection services using the new rubbish bin will begin on 4 September 2017. Once this new service begins only rubbish in the bin will be collected.
- There is a larger bin option available on request:
- it will incur an additional annual charge of approx $55 per year*.
- approval of a larger bin must be received from the property landlord/owner as the charge will go on their rates bill.
- to request a larger bin please register your details here before 31 March 2017.
*subject to consultation and approval in the Annual Plan