Waste Minimisation and Innovation Fund
About the Waste Minimisation and Innovation Fund
Te Pūtea mahi whakaiti tukunga para me ngā mahi auaha
Eligibility for the Waste Minimisation and Innovation Fund (WMIF)
The WMIF will support projects that:
- promote or achieve waste minimisation
- include educational projects that promote waste minimisation activity only
- result in new waste minimisation activity, either by:
- implementing new initiatives, or
- a significant expansion in the scope or coverage of existing activities.
- last for a funding timeframe of one to three years, after which the project objectives should have been achieved and, where appropriate, the initiative has become self-funding.
What the WMIF covers
The fund will cover:
- operational or capital expenditure required to undertake a project
- up to 50 per cent of the cost of the project. You will need to demonstrate adequate sources of additional funding from your own or other resources.